statistical information about sent and received packets by hostap

Robel Daher daher at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Jun 4 13:03:32 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

My hostap driver version 0.1.13 is installed on Fedora core 1 and I use
the pcmcia card Netgear 401.
I'm working on small software to observe the date throughput on the
WLAN-Station. To do this I need in the real time to get statistical
information about the sent and received packets.
As I read, it's possible to get this kind of information by opening the
file "/proc/net/prism2/wlan0/stats". However, the information that I
need for my implementation aren't there, like the SNR value through the
transmission of a packet and also the transmission bit rate of this
packet.

I'll be very thankful, if someone has some suggestions or solution to
this matter.

Robel