HostAP and Nessus

Derek Schuff schuffdl at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 2 11:05:48 EDT 2004

Here's an answer, but I'm by no means an authority on this!

I don't think there's any way in the 802.1X protocol per se that allows this.
However I have heard of an extension to TTLS (another inner auth method) that
will allow something like this. The Funk people told us when they were here
that they (and Microsoft I believe) were working on a way to do, for example
virus scanning within the TTLS auth. I don't know if this would apply to
nessus-type scans or not, nor can I remember what they called it (I think
Funk and MS had different names for it).  Sorry, maybe someone else can
remember the name. :)

Derek