information requested about IEEE 802.11-DS and IEEE 802.11b

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Jul 19 14:36:41 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Oscar Rodilla wrote:

> I continue with the problem related. As Jouni says, the only way to come back
> to an IEEE 802.11b output is resetting my card. But not with the 'iwpriv
> wlan0 reset 1' command (the output of the iwconfig continues showing IEEE
> 802.11-DS). Only with the commands 'crdctl eject' and 'cardctl insert' the
> output of iwconfig changes to the correct one.

If that's true, your firmware must be very buggy.

> The firmware version of my Conceptronic card is 0.7.6

Please upgrade to something more recent, like 1.7.1 (I assume you have
Prism 2 chipset).  See http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/ for details
how to flash new firmware.

By the way, please write in plain text, without HTML attachments.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin