PATCH: Accounting Gigawords

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jul 12 09:05:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:13:35AM +0200, Gunter Burchardt wrote:

> I wrote a patch for accounting. At the moment only traffic up to 4 GB
> for each direction can be accounted. After 4 GB the counters roll over!
> This patch defines the rx/tx_bytes per sta as unsigned long long. If a
> counter roll over Acct-Input-Gigawords and/of Acct-Output-Gigawords will
> be set in the accounting packet (RFC 2869).

I would prefer not to use long long in the driver for these counters.
hostapd should be able to notice the roll over and have another variable
for counting these. This would even match the RADIUS messages better,
since the gigawords attribute seems to be this roll over counter.. No
need to combine the numbers into a 64-bit counter anywhere in the driver
or hostapd..

> +	{ RADIUS_ATTR_ACCT_OUTPUT_GIGAWORDS, "Acct-output-Gigawords",

output -> Output (?)