doing RSN with wpa_supplicant and madwifi

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jul 6 01:59:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 07:33:42AM +0200, Wilfried Klaebe wrote:

> WPA2 works perfectly now with hostap(d)-cvs, madwifi-WPA,
> wpa_supplicant-cvs.

That's nice to hear!

> There seems to be something not correct with wpa_client's
> Makefile: I changed the .config to include TTLS, typed make,
> and at least eap.c was not recompiled; I did a "make clean ; make"
> after a little source digging for this "unsupported" method 21
> and then it worked.

Well, yes.. README did not say it explicitly, but TTLS (and any other
EAP method for that matter) required that CONFIG_IEEE8021X_EAPOL is also
set. I changed Makefile to set this automatically whenever any of the
EAP methods is included. This should take care of the compilation
problem.

The error message of unsupported method (if TTLS were not included in
config) should probably be handled bit more explicitly, too. At the
moment, configuration file is probably accepted, even if it specifies an
EAP method that is not built into the program. I'll probably change this
to fail at configuration load instead of during the authentication..