Excesive RTT if cell flooded with AP to STA traffic + management frames in f/w&driver queues

Sorin PAUN Laurentiu-Sorin.Paun at imag.fr
Mon Jul 5 11:31:15 EDT 2004

Hello all,

The large RTT values was (evidently) because of the kernel queue size of
100. Smaller values give smaller RTTs.

Also, what I am investigating is the lost of management frames (actually
  Auth/Ass) in such lareg traffic situations. I understand that the
driver actually does not prioritize this management frames

My questions are:

Which management frames go in the driver and which ones rest in the f/w
? I would say that Auth/Ass only are going to the driver and Probe
Req/Resp and Beacons are analyzed by the f/w ?

Furhermore, I see that the driver has a queue which length is set by
PRISM2_TXFID_LEN. What queue are in the f/w, of what size and does it
prioritize the management frames?