Aes & Kernel Panic

Daniele Brevi danibrevi at libero.it
Thu Jan 29 09:26:33 EST 2004

Hi at all,

I'm tryng use static AES.
My environment is done by two PC with:

Debian with kernel 2.4.19
Netgear MA311

I do the RAM firmware update (to 1.7.4) and all works well
If I set WEP on the two PC alll work well, the problem is when I tryng
to use AES.
I configure one PC in master mode and I set the AES key(with
hostap_crypt_conf), if I don't set the key in the client the AP says
it's discarding the packet. If I set the AES key also in the client,
when the PC in master mode receive the first packet (for example a ping)
crash with a kernel panic.
The error is

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
0000000e0
...many register address
Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

I try to exchange AP and client but the machine that work in managed
mode crash in same manner.
The same things if I use the old firmware.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Daniele Brevi