new release?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at
Sun Jan 25 01:38:08 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 04:35:29PM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> 0.1.2 uses the CardServices symbol, which is no
> more in the kernel (at least in 2.6.1-bk6 it's gone,
> and I don't think they added it since).

Current CVS snapshot for both the development and stable branches should
work without CardServices() function.

> What about releasing a new version?

Yes, it could be a good time to release a new version from the stable
branch. Could someone who is still using Linux 2.2.x verify that the
current stable branch snapshot still works? It would also be useful if
someone using Linux 2.4.x with external pcmcia-cs package would test the

In addition, I'm planning to start making development branch releases
(0.2.x) quite soon.