DWL-650P and PCMCIA bridges

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jan 23 02:07:25 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> My best guess at the moment is that some other PDRs need to be plugged to
> make the card compatible with the true PCMCIA interfaces.  It would be
> great to have support for reading PDA from file in prism2_srec and saving
> it as a file, ideally in the same format as prism2dl.

Just for the record, this approach didn't work.  I took the PDA file from
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/pda, saved it and modified prism2_srec to use the
saved file.  I could use it with the PLX adapter to avoid second load of
the primary firmware.  However, the same card would exhibit the same
problems in the TI bridge as when PDA wasn't plugged.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin