Ricoh PCI-PCMCIA adapter in HostAP

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jan 9 17:34:00 EST 2004

Quoting "mrcool at stupidgamerz.com" <mrcool at stupidgamerz.com>:

> > hi all,
> > I intend to use a Ricoh PCI-PCMCIA adapter and a Dlink DWL 650 PCMCIA card
> > to turn a RH9 Desktop PC into an Access Point
>
> This should all work fine, but i have found the problems you are having are
> related the Ricoh adapter, especially in older hardware.  One suggestion is
> to put "pci=biosirq" in as a kernel boot parameter.  Again, the older the
> hardware the more likely that this will help. Secondly, if you are using the
> external pcmcia, put "irq_mode=0 pci_csc=0 poll_interval=100" in the
> PCIC_OPTS field in /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia.  Try the "pci=biosirq" (if you use
> lilo, you add  'append = "pci=biosirq"' to the lilo.conf).  With kernel
> pcmcia this is all I know to try...

I've looked at the logs and it doesn't look like an interrupt problem to me.
It's more like that the card is revision P with Prism 3 chipset.  See recent
archives.  Only the CVS HEAD version (not 0.1.x) supports initialization of the
card without primary firmware.

I believe that "Could not get RID for component NIC" is caused by missing
firmware.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin