DWL-520E crashing wireless router

Andrew Barr barr.156 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 8 20:22:40 EST 2004

When I use my DWL-520E for more than a just a few minutes in Linux, my
wireless router (a Belkin F5D6231-4; no firmware updates available for U.S.)
becomes unresponsive and requires a reboot. It not only cuts off Internet to
the Linux box but to all other wireless clients as well. There are no
messages in dmesg or /var/log/messages relating to the card after it has
received an IP address. I am using a script to initialize the card at
bootup. Please find attached the script (rc.wlan) as well as the stdout from
the script, and relevant dmesg and syslog messages that are logged during
script startup. I am using a CVS snapshot taken on 12-31-03, has anything
changed that might fix this issue? Additionally, is there anything I can
change (source code, my environment, maybe router settings) to alleviate
this problem?

Regards,
Andrew Barr
barr.156 at osu.edu