PCI Wireless Cards in Linux (HostAP Mode)

Ged Haywood ged at www2.jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 15:56:24 EST 2004

Hi all,

> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 jbh replied
> > to Anshul Gupta who wrote:
> > I am looking for wireless pci cards supported under Linux (HostAP
> > mode). Cards with Intersil Prism 2/2.5/3 chipset are known to work as
> > HostAP but I could only find one of them currently on shelves Linksys
> > WMP 11 ver 1.
> >
> > Are there any others which can work under Linux in HostAP mode ?
>
> DLink DWL-520:
>   The challenge will be ensuring that you get them to tell you the
>   version number so you don't wind up with one later than version B2.
>
> Netgear MA311:
>   A search on www.pricewatch.com reveals three vendors with these cards.
>   There are surely others.
>
> Zcomax XI-626:
>   Just to be safe, call and ask whether the version shipping is still
>   using the Prism chipset.

Useful status report, thanks!

In case anyone is having trouble sourcing the MA311, we have them in stock
in the UK.  We use them with HostAP ourselves so we can guarantee that they
will work with it. :)

Note that the later version of the MA311 is designated the MA311+ and is
not Prism but (I believe) TI based, hence unsuitable.

73,
Ged.