Promiscuous Mode using Hostap Drivers

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Sun Jan 4 22:31:05 EST 2004

hi All,

	Just wanted to verify if this is an issue.

redhat 9
hostap-1.2
kernel-2.4.23
netgear-MA401RA pcmcia wifi

I changed from using orinoco to hostap a month back and since then I found
that I can't see any traffic using ethereal/tcpdump.

The only traffic which is viewable is that which is originating from me.

After a few head scratching nights(& day) I reverted back to orinoco and I
can see traffic again.

Is this some kind of limitation or...???
is there some other thing which I need to configure to enable it?

Thanks

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate