DWL-520 Ver E1. testing

deforest sessoms gump at the.i.ntr.net
Sun Jan 4 19:32:49 EST 2004

> mrcool at stupidgamerz.com wrote:
>
> > First, thanks all for your work on the newer (firmwareless) cards.  I
have
> > sucessfully made both a DWL 520 (pci card) and the DWL 650 (pcmcia)
cards
> > work, using the latest CVS and SuSE 8.2, and SuSE 9.0 distros.

 Again, I want to thank Jouni Malinen and the many others who have
 contributed to this project.  I have been using hostap with my Linksys card
 for about a year now, and I recently purchased several DLink DWL 520s for
 use in a network.  The problem now is that after following the instructions
 from the above post (using CVS and loading module with no_primary =1
option,
 then [firmware rev 1.7.4]:

 /sbin/prism2_srec -gs wlan0 /etc/firmware/pm010102.hex
 /sbin/prism2_srec -gip wlan0 /etc/firmware/pm010102.hex
 /sbin/prism2_srec -rp wlan0 /etc/firmware/rf010704.hex),

 everything works great until reboot.  When my kernel 2.6.0 box loads,
 'lspci' cant find the card.  I have to remove/ reseat the card for it to be
 found again, then again follow the steps outlined above.  Is there
something
 that is locking the card up?  Should I try different firmware?

 deforest sessoms