Mac Level Handoffs

Craig Thornton thorntcw at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jan 4 15:41:23 EST 2004

Hi,

If you put both AP's in "AP mode" with the same essid (iwconfig will
say Master mode), bridge the wlan0 and eth0 interfaces together on each
of them, and then plug them into the same Ethernet segment, your FTP
connection will be persistent.  MAC layer handoffs will take place in
this setup.

I do not understand why you have configured a machine running in
Managed mode as a bridge.  The bridging should take place on the
machines that are configured as AP's and hence are in Master mode.
btw. bridging a managed interface typically does not work very well
with kernel bridging.

Craig