beginner with d-link dwl 520 rev e

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sun Feb 29 16:50:58 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Andrew Barr wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:56, dunk2000 at eircom.net wrote:
> > [root at carputer root]# prism2_srec -gpi wlan0 /tmp/wireles_rpms/firm/primary/pm010102.hex
>
> Try taking the i out of your options. It's not necessary.
>
> I notice the folder you have stored your firmware in is called
> 'wireles_rpms'. Does this mean you used a HostAP RPM? If you did, you
> probably want to get the source code and build it yourself. I know that
> stable release 0.1.2 does not have firmware downloading capability, but
> stable release 0.1.3 or development release 0.2.0 might. I have one of
> these cards in another computer and I used a development CVS snapshot to
> build the driver. That was before 0.1.3 and 0.2.0 became available,
> though. Firmware downloading may be available in either of these
> releases. Can someone confirm this?

Version 0.2.0 supports SSF (short serial flash) cards, 0.1.3 doesn't.
They both support firmware download, but 0.1.3 requires at least primary
firmware to be running on the card.

Version 0.2.0 includes a script utils/hostap_fw_load that loads the
firmware on SSF cards.  As I understand it, the original poster was using
version 0.2.0 or CVS with SSF support, but forgot to load secondary
firmware.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin