wpa_supplicant problem(wpa_supplicant right debugging)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Feb 23 21:19:48 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:27:00PM +0200, daniel escartin EXCHANGE03_VirtYH04 wrote:

> Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=00:0d:28:88:d6:02
> RX EAPOL from 00:0d:28:88:d6:02
> RX EAPOL from 00:0d:28:88:d6:02
> IEEE 802.1X: version=1 type=0 length=1034
> RX EAPOL from 00:0d:28:88:d6:02

ok, so here goes the IEEE 802.1X/EAP negotiation with Xsupplicant...

> RX EAPOL from 00:0d:28:88:d6:02
> IEEE 802.1X: version=1 type=3 length=95
>   EAPOL-Key type=254

And that's the first WPA EAPOL-Key. However, I do not see master key
data from Xsupplicant being delivered to wpa_supplicant. Did you start
xsupplicant with -W options in the way that is described in the
wpa_supplicant README? Without the master session key, WPA key handshake
is going to fail because the AP and the STA do not share the same key.