Problems compiling hostap-driver for kernel 2.6.3

Julian Finn julian at echoes-online.de
Sun Feb 22 12:43:20 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a few problems compiling hostap-driver for my Prism2-PCI-Card:
when I do "make", first the warning "Makefile:38: WARNING: No kernel
PCMCIA support found and PCMCIA_PATH is not defined
" comes up. I believe this is no problem, right?

Anyway: after "make install", modprobe hostap_pci brings up:
FATAL: Module hostap_pci not found.
I believe this is because kernel 2.6 doesn't call its modules .o
anymore, right? Well, I just find for example "hostap_pci.o" in
/lib/modules/2.6.3/net
can anybody give me any tipps what I am doing wrong? I am quite new to
linux and compiling modules and kernels...

Cheers,

Julian