how to force Vcc to 5V

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty at manty.net
Fri Feb 20 19:29:32 EST 2004

> You cannot force the card driver because it doesn't control the voltage.
> It merely check compatibility of the CIS with the parameters set by the
> socket.  You can force the socket driver to set 5V if the hardware allows
> it.  See the sources for your socket driver, such as yenta_socket, i82365
> or tcic.

Umm, and can't hostap select the second cfg entry? That one has the 5V
setting, so maybe it works.

I have been looking the cis option of pcmcia, I'm wondering what will happen
if I change:

  cftable_entry 0x01 [default]
    Vcc Vnom 3300mV Vmin 3V Vmax 3600mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA
    io 0x0000-0x003f [lines=6] [16bit]
    irq mask 0xffff [level] [pulse]
  cftable_entry 0x02
    Vcc Vnom 5V Vmin 4750mV Vmax 5250mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA

into this:

  cftable_entry 0x01 [default]
    Vcc Vnom 5V Vmin 4750mV Vmax 5250mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA
    io 0x0000-0x003f [lines=6] [16bit]
    irq mask 0xffff [level] [pulse]

Will I burn the card (maybe the card is told to use cfg 1 and powered at 5V
when it is expecting 3.3)?

I have already changed cfg 2 to be the default, but that didn't help at all,
the only thing I saw was that the default flag that is shown when inspecting
the first cfg is now 0 instead of 1, but second cfg is not even expected and
cfg 1 is accepted.

I don't know what I could have a look at, my pcmcia bus driver is
yenta_socket, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net