Problem in changing PDR

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sun Feb 15 21:31:23 EST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> > I'm sorry if it sounds complicated.  This can be done by somebody with
> > some scripting skills, understanding of S-Record format and Prism chipset.
> > I hope prism2_srec will be modified to make it easier in the future.
>
> CVS snapshot of prism2_srec has new options for dumping PDA in text
> format and for overriding PDA for downloads (using either the same text
> format or a binary file). Please note that changing PDA can cause
> undesired results and this should not be done without understanding the
> consequencies of the modifications.

Great!  At first, I was a bit concerned that the text PDA produced by
prism2_srec is slightly different in format from what prism2dl produces.
prism2dl prepends 0x to each number and adds commas after every number.

However, prism2dl and prism2_srec understand each other's files.  Also,
the format produced by prism2_srec is what is used in publicly distributed
PDA files, such as bromax.pda and even prism2_ssf.pda included with
linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre19.

All I want to say now is thank you!

--
Regards,