Message-Authenticator

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Feb 15 19:10:10 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:43:55PM +0100, Manuel Sánchez Cuenca wrote:

> Hello all, I have installed hostapd-0.1.3 as Access Point, FreeRadius
> 0.7.1 as Authentication Server, and Xsupplicant 0.8 as client. But when
> I try to connect to the system whit the client, FreeRadius show "Sending
> Accexx-Accept", but Hostapd show:
>
>    wlan0: STA 00:40:05:ae:d7:70 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
>    wlan0: STA 00:40:05:ae:d7:70 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
>    No Message-Authenticator attribute found
>    Incoming RADIUS packet did not have correct Message-Authenticator -
> dropped

Could you please send me hostapd debug log (i.e., start it with -ddd on
command line and without forking to background)? In addition, it would
be useful to get debug log from the RADIUS server and a packet trace
(e.g., with tcpdump or ethereal) from the RADIUS server <-> AP
connection (i.e., the RADIUS message).