WDS with AES encryption

Sergio M. Ammirata ammirata at econointl.com
Sat Feb 14 06:38:19 EST 2004

Going back to my original question: Isn't ccmp/wpa_supplicant supposed to
allow you to encrypt a wds link? How?

>From the readme file:

"TKIP (WEP with per packet keys and Michael MIC, hostap_crypt_tkip.o)
and CCMP (AES-CCM, hostap_crypt_ccmp.o) are used with WPA. These
algorithms require host-based encryption and decryption because the
Prism2/2.5/3 firmware does not support them. wpa_supplicant can be
used to negotiate encryption keys for TKIP/CCMP when operating in
station mode. In addition, these algorithms can be used on WDS
links. Static TKIP/CCMP keys can be set with hostap_crypt_conf. In the
future, hostapd will hopefully get support for WPA Authenticator
functionality."

Notice the part about the fact that those algorithms can be used on WDS ...
Has anyone done it? An example configuration command set would be really
helpful.

Thanks,

Sergio