WDS with AES encryption

Jun Sun jsun at junsun.net
Fri Feb 13 10:22:51 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:12:03AM -0500, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:
> I have two machines setup with the latest hostap cvs driver (firmware
> 1.1.0/1.7.4 on the cards). They are used as a point to point link using WDS.
> This is working very well.
>
> I want to encrypt this link using the new CCMP/AES module but cannot find
> enough documentation on how to do this.

I don't know much about CCMP/AES, but I thought about the same problem
too.  I was thinking to use VPN over the link, and the bridge LAN over
IPsec interface.

The idea seems pretty wacky to me.  Has anybody tried this?  Will this work?

In short,
	. WDS creates wlan0wd0 on top of wlan0
	. IPSec creates ipsec0 over wlan0wds0
	. bridging tool bridges ipsec0 and eth0