Wpa_supplicant problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Feb 12 09:29:26 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 01:34:16PM +0200, daniel escartin EXCHANGE03_VirtYH04 wrote:

> Last time that I have tried to execute wpa supplicant I get next
> error messages:
>
> [root at test-radius hostap-utils-0.1.3]# tail -20 /var/log/messages

wpa_supplicant does not use syslog, so this is not very helpful for
debugging the issue. Please make sure that the wlan# interface is up and
start wpa_supplicant manually on foreground with -dd as one of the
command line options. This will make it output debug message to stdout
which you can direct to a file (i.e., add "> wpa.log" to the command
line). Then send this debug log from the failed attempt for further
analysis.