[Prism54-devel] Re: Spurious disassociations in prismGT STA <-> prism2.5 AP setup

vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Sun Feb 8 15:18:47 EST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 21:32, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 07:53:11PM +0200, vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua wrote:
> > t.raw:
> > # tcpdump -nleieth1 -s2000 -vvv -w t.raw ether host 0:4:e2:64:15:e5
>
> This does not include all the needed frames (ACKs are missing). In other
> words, no filtering should be used to get useful dump file for debugging
> this kind of problem. Anyway, it looks like there are quite a bit of
> retransmit needed to send some of Probe Responses, so some kind of
> interoperatiblity issue at low level is possible (invalid calibration of
> the radios etc.). What's the distance between the AP and the STA? Could
> you try using another channel (e.g., 1 or 6)?

Jouni,

The distance is only 1 meter.
When I tested two prism54 cards, they were able to do
2.4 megabytes/s at this distance with small antennas.
For testing I am artificially lowering signal level
by not using proper antenna at AP. I just let it
work with regular antenna on the roof.

I monitor signal strength on AP by looking at
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/00:04:e2:64:15:e5
last_rx: silence=156 signal=NNN
Problem is evident when signal <=190.

I will capture unfiltered dump tonight. Right now,
it will be considerably diluted by traffic
to/from other STAs.

P.S.
> <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>:
> 130.233.228.91 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>... stopped by RSS.
> See <URL:http://work-rss.mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/nph-rss?query=195.66.192.167>.
> 195.66.192.167 has been an open relay abused by spammers
> Giving up on 130.233.228.91.

It is not open relay anymore, at least for several months.
I contacted folks at work-rss.mail-abuse.org.
--
vda