Hostap configuration - internet resoucres ?

vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Sat Feb 7 16:01:06 EST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 18:34, Mario Premke wrote:
> > >   DSL                               WLAN
> > >  -----> |LINUX Firewall (MASQ)| <-----------> | WinXP |
> > >         Netgear MA311[Prism2.5]                Centrino
> > >                    192.163.1.1              192.163.1.2
> > >
> > > So there's only the linux box and the WinXP notebook to be connected.
> > > Can anybody point me to some appropiate information?
> >
> > Well.... this might sound a bit rude but
> > did you try to do anything before asking us?
> > If yes, tell us about it.
>
> Hmm ... my problem is how to try, for I do not know anything about WLAN.
> I have my DSL link up of course, my Firewall is ready and yes I,
> compiled the hostap-driver modules and hostap-utils, they are running
> well:

[snip]

Basically you have to do this on one sode:

#iwconfig wlanN mode master essid <Your_ESSID>
and on the other:
#iwconfig "$if" mode managed essid <Your_ESSID>

but this only lets master and managed nodes
to associate. Then you have to configure
ip addresses exactly as you do it for wired LAN,
with ifconfig.

[/me uses ip instead of ifconfig buth that is not essential]

Show us your `ifconfig -a` please.
--
vda