Kernel 2.6.2 Changes

Bradley Chapman kakadu_croc at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 17:37:45 EST 2004

Sir,

--- AthlonRob <AthlonRob at axpr.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 07:49, Michael Kebe wrote:
>
> > CardServices() is no longer available, so in the hostap_cs.c are several
> >   changes needed.
>
> I couldn't get the hostap drivers to compile against 2.6.2, so I just
> grabbed CVS and tried it... AFAICT, the issue has been resolved in CVS.

Indeed it has - I had no problems compiling hostap 0.2.0-cum-CVS against the
2.6.2 kernel.

> Of course, CVS isn't quite perfect.  I now have a wifi0 that's just
> funky and a wlan0 that works as normal and no working WEP support, but
> some of that may be my specific card and some of it may be my
> configuration.

I get a strange wifi0 interface under 2.6.0, 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. I think it's
a weird bug in the CVS code.

> I'm using hostap as a regular driver as the orinoco_cs and wlan-ng
> drivers wouldn't either work quite right with my card.

So am I - I kept getting interrupt storms with the orinoco_cs drivers (for
which development is somewhat calcified, BTW). And the linux-wlan-ng drivers
are too hard and too complex to set up (I fought with them for months before
going with orinoco_cs, and now hostap).

> Rob

Brad

=====