DWL-650P and PCMCIA bridges

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Feb 4 20:18:37 EST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Yes, I also think it's timing related.  These tests were done with the
> same card on 3 different systems.  Only one of them exhibited problems.
>
> Processor             Bridge     Result
>
> Athlon 1.1 GHz        TI 1410    OK
> Pentium III 800 MHz   TI 1410    timeouts
> Pentium III 800 MHz   Ricoh      cannot find PRI firmware
> Pentium III 800 MHz   PLX        OK
> Cyrix MediaGX         Ricoh      OK

To conclude the story - the DWL-650P card doesn't work on that Pentium III
800 MHz system even with Windows 2000 with the official D-Link drivers.

Also, linux-wlan-ng 0.2.1-pre17 works with the card when it's in a PLX9052
slot, but not in the TI slot.  When in the TI slot, the primary firmware
fails to read the PDA.  That's consistent with the problems observed with
HostAP.

I guess we should just accept the fact that DWL-650P doesn't work on some
machines with any drivers and any OSes.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin