ipw2100 + WPA-PSK link dies if not used

Andrew Barr barr.156 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 26 11:24:23 EST 2004


On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 07:57, Szymon Juraszczyk wrote:
> Andrew Barr wrote: 
> > Could this be bug #245 in the ipw2100 driver:
> > http://www.bughost.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=245 ? I have a very
> > similar problem with a WPA-Enterprise setup.
> >   
>   You might be right. I increased debugging of ipw2100 to 0x00000007
> and that's what I found in the kernel log:
> 
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_hang_check eth1:
> Hardware command stalled.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U schedule_reset eth1: Scheduling
> firmware restart (0s).
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_reset_adapter ipw2100:
> eth1: Restarting adapter.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_power_cycle_adapter
> Power cycling the hardware.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_start_adapter enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_tx_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize
> initializing bd queue at virt=efb58000, phys=2fb58000
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_tx_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_rx_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize
> initializing bd queue at virt=ef03b000, phys=2f03b000
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_rx_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_start_adapter exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> table 1 size: 214
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> table 2 size: 19
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features EEPROM
> address: 0002B450
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features EEPROM
> version: 3
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features HW RF
> Kill: not supported.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_adapter_setup enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_read_mac_address card
> MAC is 00:0C:F1:55:99:4F
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_mac_address enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_mac_address exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_adapter_setup exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_scan_options enter
> Dec 26 13:47:05 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_hang_check eth1:
> Hardware quiet.  Kicking.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_hang_check eth1:
> Hardware command stalled.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U schedule_reset eth1: Scheduling
> firmware restart (0s).
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_reset_adapter ipw2100:
> eth1: Restarting adapter.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_power_cycle_adapter
> Power cycling the hardware.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_start_adapter enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_tx_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize
> initializing bd queue at virt=efb58000, phys=2fb58000
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_tx_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_rx_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize
> initializing bd queue at virt=ef03b000, phys=2f03b000
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U bd_queue_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_rx_initialize exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_start_adapter exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> table 1 size: 214
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> table 2 size: 19
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_initialize_ordinals
> exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features EEPROM
> address: 0002B450
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features EEPROM
> version: 3
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_get_hw_features HW RF
> Kill: not supported.
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_adapter_setup enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_read_mac_address card
> MAC is 00:0C:F1:55:99:4F
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_mac_address enter
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_mac_address exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_adapter_setup exit
> Dec 26 13:46:45 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_set_scan_options enter
> Dec 26 13:47:05 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_hang_check eth1:
> Hardware quiet.  Kicking.
> 
>    After that WPA-PSK link does not work any longer. Is there anything
> that could be done about it? By the way is it possible that
> wpa_supplicant could handle such situations and recover automatically
> after such situation?

Yes: 'wpa_cli reassociate' Read the comments on the relevant bug at
bughost.org. There are no disassociation events right now in the driver
to notify wpa_supplicant what has happened so it can reassociate after
the firmware has rebooted.

>   I'll send the bug report to the ipw2100 team.

Add your email to the CC list on bug #245. That's what I did.

> -- 
> Best regards,
> Szymon Juraszczyk
> szymon at juraszczyk.com






More information about the HostAP mailing list