ipw2100 + WPA-PSK link dies if not used

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Dec 25 16:55:55 EST 2004

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 10:12:47PM +0100, Szymon Juraszczyk wrote:

>   I successfully made use of my ipw2100 and connected my notebook to a
> D-Link AP using WPA-PSK. However, I've noticed a wierd behaviour, namely
> when the link is not used for a while (a few idle minutes is enough), it
> simply stops working. Wpa_supplicant with -d shows no errors (haven't
> tried more -d's though...), but no packet can be sent.

Have you configured the AP to do Group Key handshakes (broadcast
rekeying, or something similar in configuration) frequently? If not,
there should not be wpa_supplicant-related events happening that often
and this would be something that would be better handled by ipw2100
developers/mailing lists.

>   The hardware is IBM ThinkPad T41 with built in IPW2100 and D-Link DI-514.

Which DI-514 revision (h/w ver) is that (A/B/C) and which firmware
version?