hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.3.1

Mark Wilson mwilson at cirond.com
Mon Dec 13 13:37:10 EST 2004

NdisMIndicateStatus is a Miniport Driver fcn that calls ProtocolStatus(...)
in all attached Protocol Drivers. In order to take this approach you would
have to write and install a custom Protocol Driver (ala winpcap). Instead I
would suggest looking at the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
interface. Use IWbemServices::ExecNotificationQueryAsync to register the
events you wish to receive and supply a IWbemObjectSink derived consumer
object for the events that WMI will then forward to you.

Yes, I for one would be interested in a non-cygwin implementation.

Mark Wilson
Cirond Corporation