flashing-problem

Steffen Schwientek schwientek at web.de
Tue Aug 24 21:40:18 EDT 2004

I have flashed my card with the prism2_srec programm. Unfortunately something
has gone wrong.

My command was
./prism2_srec wlan0 -f pk010101.hex
The command without options reported it´s safe to upgrade.

Here is the output of
bash-2.05b# ./hostap_diag wifi0
Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wifi0'

NICID: id=0x801b v1.0.0 (PRISM III PCMCIA (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available

If I try this with
 ./hostap_diag wlan0
Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No such device
Could not communicate with the kernel drive

Is there any hope to  resurerrect the card? If I want to flash another
firmware, prism2_srec reports:

ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
STAID not available (maybe running PRI-only)
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
Could not read wlan PDA. This requires PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT definition in
driver/module/hostap_config.h.

Steffen