802.11b

Eva Juliana Maya Ortiz emaya at unicauca.edu.co
Tue Aug 24 10:51:39 EDT 2004

Hello!!!

I read your answer

http://sisyphus.iocaine.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-August/003933.html

and it's very helpful for me!!!

My name es Eva Juliana Maya Ortiz and I'm working in a project in which
We're studying a 802.11b link of many kilometeres, around 45
kilometeres. We've done a lot of tets but we're having some problems
and we don't know what to do, the link sometimes works but in other
times it doesn't.

You say that in long distances it's possible NO throughput, do you mean
NO signal in the receptor?

What parameters of my routers should I configure?, the ACK, the RTS or
the CTS?, and Could you suggest to me some value because of the
distance of my link?.

We are using teletronics routers, have you ever worked with these
routers?. Do you know if I could configure my router's timers in some
different way or StarOS is the only one?.

Your opinions and suggestions are very important for us!!!

Thanks a lot for all your time!!!.

Eva Juliana.