Problems making WPA work with ndiswrapper/broadcom

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Aug 19 09:14:25 EDT 2004

My last attempt was with bcmwl5a alone - the ASCII version,
which fails to attempt authentication.

I've seen significant differences in system stability
while the ndiswrapper 0.8 was merely loaded, between
the truemobile 1300 and truemobile 1350 (rev 2 and 3 of same
chip), so I have no faith in a reported sucess with
chipsets based on Broadcom parts unless they are
the exact same hardware component.  My part is a mini-PCI
module on a Dell D600 laptop.  The one I really need
working is 14e4:4320, rev 3.

Both Dell and Broadcom are notorous for changing their hardware
and keeping the same label on it.  There are dozens of different Dell
D600 models - we have two and they don't match ones I've
seen discussed on the web.

--Donald Teed