Received signal strength

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Sat Aug 14 11:00:55 EDT 2004

On Saturday 14 August 2004 09:02, Vinayak Naik wrote:
> I have a question regarding received signal strength threshold value
> reported by iwconfig command.
>
> The output of the iwconfig says "Sensitivity=1/3". What does it translate
> into watts?

Hell knows. hostap has rudimentary support for setting sensitivity,
which does not seem to work. At least I was unable to see any effect
from setting it to any value.

I made a pache which implements working sensitivity control,
but it wasn't accepted (maybe Jouni simply missed it).

I can rediff/resend it if anybody interested.
--
vda