Can't download FW to Prism3 PCMCIA card

mody at atlas.cz mody at atlas.cz
Fri Aug 6 02:07:45 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I was forced to use hostap drivers for my WiFi home network. Its two linux
machines and one WinXP. It all works well together, but I can't download RAM
based FW to one PCMCIA card under Linux.

The PC runs Debian unstable, 2.6.7 kernel, hostap 0.2.4 from sources + one
script from Debian's hostap-utils package in /etc/network/ip-pre-up.d/ to
download FW. I use the same firmware wlan-ng can download.

The PCMCIA card is Z-Com XI-330, Prism3 based card. Works well with Windows
and linux-wlan-ng. Both can download FW in. Hostap can't.

I attached few outputs that may help to find where the problem is. Can
someone help?

thx
Mody

--
Debian unstable 2.6.7-1-686 i686 GNU/Linux