The problem of bridging a wireless adaptor..

Christopher Dobbs crdobbs at eracew.net
Mon Aug 2 15:39:18 EDT 2004

I have noticed that there is a fare amount of trafic concerning bridging
with the wireless adaptor.

Standard bridging does not work.  I know I have tried just about
everything that I can to make it work.

I am therefor working on a software package that will alow a sort of
bridging over the wireless adaptor by tunnleing the bridge through the
wireless.

Is any one interested in this.

I am about half done and have been working on it for about two (2)
weeks, so I should be done with it soon.

Also if  Jouni Malinen is interested this could become a standard part
of hostapd. (If it is proven to work correctly)

--
Christopher Dobbs
Eracew Computer Services