I wanna use Cisco airo350 in hostap mode

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Apr 29 00:05:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Sangcheol Lee wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using Cisco Airo350 adapter for my linux box. I wanna to implement
> hostap function in it. AFAIK, it is not possible to use Airo350 in hostap
> mode without no modification of some source code.
> Is there anyone who can give some clues to work ario350 in AP mode?

Perhaps you should start at http://airo-linux.sourceforge.net/ and ask in
the mailing lists of that driver.  HostAP is for Prism 2/2.5/3 hardware
with Intersil firmware only.

I believe the HostAP mode is unique to Intersil firmware.  Usually special
AP firmware is required for AP functionality.  HostAP mode is possible
because the station firmware by Intersil included limited support for AP
operations.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin