Zebra configuration problem

Yann Garcia yann.garcia at smartcom.com
Wed Apr 21 04:35:18 EDT 2004

Hi,
My objectives are to install and make running a Nocat gateway/AuthServ
on the same Linux box.
To make it, I have installed the official RedHat kernel with HostAp
(2.4.20-13.9.HOSTAP). I use the installation procedure described by the
“Linux Wireless Access Point HOWTO"
(http://oob.freeshell.org/nzwireless/LWAP-HOWTO.html). The DHCP and the
firewall seam to work fine. The problem comes from TCP/IP routing. I use
Zebra to make the TCP/IP routing packets. My problem is that the zebra
daemon seams to have problems because the logs file contains a lot of
error message “ZEBRA: netlink-listen filter function error”. I’m looking
for information about the possible cause of these errors, but I didn’t
find informations that help me. I can’t ping LAN network from WLAN
station and I can’t ping WLAN station from Network computer. I use
tethereal to ‘see’ what happen: I see on the wlan0 interface the ping
packets coming from WLAN station but these packets aren’t routed to eth0
interface (I see nothing on this interface!). I have two network
interfaces:
	• eth0 is the LAN interface
		o InetAddr: 10.0.1.37/16
		o Network: 10.0.0.0
		o Broadcast: 10.0.255.255
	• wlan0 is the WLAN interface
		o InetAddr: 10.1.10.1/24
		o Network: 10.1.10.0
		o Broadcast: 10.1.10.255
Please, I need some help because I don’t understand what happen. I check
my configuration files (zebra.conf & ospf.conf) and I don’t found
errors!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Yann Garcia