hostap and sleeping mode.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Apr 17 19:19:06 EDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 05:17:53PM -0400, Andrea G. Forte wrote:

> I am having a new problem. When I use host_roaming 2 and the laptop goes
> to sleep, hostap does not work anymore once it resumes from sleeping. I
> have to restart the card manager or reboot. I have noticed this with the
> old 0.0.4 version as well as with the new 0.1.3.
> When host_roaming 0 is enabled, everything works fine.

I haven't noticed this one, but it is certainly much easier to get the
firmware confused in host_roaming=2 mode. My first guess is that these
issues are caused by firmware bugs, but I do not yet know what is the
exact command sequence that triggers this, so I haven't been able to add
a workaround to the driver.