RIDs in HostAP

Gargi D gargid at cdacindia.com
Fri Apr 16 02:32:19 EDT 2004

> The later is called HFA384x_RID_CNFAUTHRSPTIMEOUT in linux-wlan-ng.  I
guess it's "authentication responce timeout",
> whatever it is.  I don't see it in cards with 1.7.1 firmware.  Perhaps
it's specific to tertiary firmware.

Ok.  Since the hostap_common.h file in most cases specifies if certain
RIDs are available only in AP firmware (and this is not marked
likewise), I was not sure if this was one of those RIDs.

> The former two are present in secondary firmware, but I have no idea
what they are for.  They probably described in some > documents
distributed under an NDA.

Can't get access to those docs :).  My curiosity towards these RIDs is
because they are not used in HostAP other than just for setting or
getting the RIDS, maybe some new feature could be explored using
them.....

Regards,

Gargi.