PLX problems with old Prism cards

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sun Apr 11 00:23:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:

> I have changed the card I had on my plx adaptor with an older one, these are
> the versions of the card:
>
> NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.0
> PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
> STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6
>
> When I load the hostap_plx module everything is fine, card is initialized
> ok, no errors at all, ...
>
> But then, when I try to send commands to the card, like setting an essid
> other than the default, I get errors like this one:
>
> hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=c02822a0, type=0, res=0)
> hfa384x_cmd: command was not completed (res=0, entry=c02822a0, type=0,
> cmd=0x0002, param0=0x0000, EVSTAT=0000 INTEN=e09f)
>
> The hostap I'm using is version 0.1.3 with the patch that Pavel had sent me
> to fix the problems on soft reboot with cards on a plx adaptor, I have
> tested with a card with NIC: id=0x8003 v1.0.0 and the very same PRI and STA
> firmware and it works ok, but card id=0x8002 doesn't. This 0x8002 card, an
> USR2445 card, works ok when tested with the same hostap version on a pcmcia
> interface.
>
> Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Either hardware or software.  Try orinoco_plx
(http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/) or prism2_plx
(ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/).  If neither works, your
card is incompatible with the plx adapter.

If orinoco_plx works, it would show that hostap is doing something wrong.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin