managed mode automatic wds

Steve Lazaridis slaz at fortresstech.com
Wed Apr 7 17:32:10 EDT 2004

Hostap Driver version: 0.2.0

FW Version: PRI: 1.0.7 and STA: 1.7.4

[host0]--[managed mode client bridge](((--WDS--)))[linksys AP]--[host1]

It works fine,  host0 and communicate with host1...
I've setup the WDS connection statically as per the readme
"iwpriv wlan0 wds_add mac_of_linksys_ap"

when I try to get "autom_ap_wds 1" and "other_ap_policy 1" to work with
00:00:00:00:00:00 entries for my ap's it doesn't work.  Should it?

Is there any way for me to get this to work?
I want my laptop to be a "mobile bridge" if you will.

what if I was to write an application to query the ap's in range and
setup the WDS connection automatically from there?

Is this the best solution? or does the hostAP driver provide this
ability to connect to different ap's in Managed mode using WDS
connections.

Thanks for all your work on this great project!

cheers,

steve