Multiple PCI HostAP Cards

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Apr 5 20:53:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Christopher Dobbs wrote:

> I am trying to get multiple hostAP mode cards to work in a computer at
> the same time. I need this to setup a wireless repeater for a community
> network.
>
> I am using 100mW Teletronics PCI Prisim2.5 cards.
>
> The driver sits there like it is trying to iinitalize all of the cards,
> but only the last one remains claimed by hostap. The other cards (I have
> tried up to 3 cards) get claimed by the orinoco driver.

Then don't load the orinoco driver!  If hotplug or some other tool loads
it, fix it not to load orinoco_pci or simply remove the module.

If the hostap driver doesn't want to use the cards, check kernel log by
running dmesg for possible error messages.  Also run "lspci -v" and see if
the IDs of the cards are present in hostap_pci.