Interrupt delivery problem

M. Grabert xam at cs.ucc.ie
Sun Sep 28 01:33:35 EDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, M. Grabert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some recent problems with HostAP-CVS (it seems since the interrupt
> delivery checking code has been introduced).

BTW, I use "f/w based TX rate control".

> HostAP worked fine without any problems with earlier versions (at least I
> can't recall any), but now after transferring loads of data (hundreds of
> megs) or just if the machine is up for some days, it stops working with
> the following error:
>
>    03:13:19 beast kernel: Already released txfid found at idx 6
>    03:13:20 beast kernel: hostap_pci: wlan0: resetting card
>    03:13:22 beast kernel: wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
>    03:13:24 beast kernel: wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
>    03:13:24 beast kernel: wlan0: Port type setting to 6 failed
>    03:13:24 beast kernel: wlan0: MAC port 0 enabling failed
>    03:13:24 beast kernel: hostap_pci: wlan0: resetting card
>    03:13:26 beast kernel: wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
>    03:13:28 beast kernel: wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
>    03:13:28 beast kernel: wlan0: Port type setting to 6 failed
>    03:13:28 beast kernel: wlan0: MAC port 0 enabling failed

I updated the firmware from 1.3.6 to 1.7.4 and now it seems to run
stable again, no errors/disconnects whatsoever!

I think the problem was always there, but weren't triggered since I
didn't use WLAN for huge data transfers before ... now with the new
firmware I even have nice features like
 "ignore clients configured with "ANY" (broadcast) SSID" and
 "hide SSID in beacon frames" ;)

I didn't change the kernel, hostap or any other software, so the firmware
update alonge seems to have solved the problem!

> NB: I'm using a unusual configuration:
>
> - HP 9000/785 C3000 (PA-RISC 64bit workstation)
> - NetGear MA-311 (Prism2.5, PCI)

PS: you can add "PA-RISC" (at least 32bit) as working platform ;)

Thanks,
  Max