permanent mac address modification

Brock Eastman brock at digitalpath.net
Wed Sep 17 00:29:08 EDT 2003

I was curious whether it is possible to do a permanent mac address modification via hostap tools.  I have seen flashing
work correctly to a newer firmware version.

I have tried this using the rid tool and diag tool.  I can set the values and then flash the firmware; but the settings are not saved.

If anyone has any ideas on how to permanently modify this let me know.

I want to change values fc01 ( the mac address ) to something else. I know a windows utility exists to do this but it is not practical
for our application.

Brock