dwl 520 & AP900+

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Sep 14 19:33:29 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 08:21:35AM +0100, don wrote:

> The dwl900 has it's own version of client mode protocol; in fact I don't
> think that there is a standard, so it may or may not work with non dlink
> ap's. Mine only works with particular firmware and hostap combinations.

> When I upgraded hostap to 0.0.3 it produced the same problem that you
> have. If you look at the packets with  a sniffer they are different but
> I don't know enough about the protocols to work out what the problem is.

I don't remember any major changes in the WDS code.. Anyway, I don't
have dwl900 and thus, I cannot easily verify what could be wrong.
Anyway, if you sent me a sniffer dump of any problem cases you see, I
can take a quick look to verify whether I can easily find a reason for
interoperability issues. Please include some kind of description of
which mac address belongs to which device and firmware/driver versions,
etc.