Contributing to the effort

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Fri Sep 12 10:23:25 EDT 2003

Hello all,
	I would really like to contribute some help to the effort of
getting better support for the Atheros WiFi cards under Linux.  I am
currently looking to make things more like the other network drivers WRT
the way memory is used, buffers are allocated, etc.  My hope is that
this will speed things up to the point where they are on par with the
figures we _should_ be seeing.
	Additionally, I am looking to expand the encryption functions.
As I understand it now, the only form of encryption the MadWiFi driver
supports is "WEP".  This simply is not good enough for my purposes.  I
am very interested in getting the AES encryption working, but have hit a
few roadblocks.  I understand that we are not allowed (without getting a
new FCC license) to modify the software on the card itself (the .o file
in the source)...but I would like to know if there's some documentation
regarding how to communicate with this file.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Cameron