LOTS of probe requests and responses.

Andrea G. Forte andreaf at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 3 17:18:32 EDT 2003

Hi everyone.
New email, new problem.
I am trying to calculate the exact hand off time of a client between two APs
(with hostAP on).
The problem is that I get a LOT of probe requests and responses (about 300
requests and 800 responses counting the retries as well).
After the station got finally associated to the AP there were still lots of
probe requet and response going around, even between the AP and the STA that
just got associated!
What is going on? What am I doing wrong?
For sniffing I am using wlansniff, since ethereal would not capture management
frames.
Really hope you guys can help me.
Thanks again,
Andrea