Problem on probing hostap_plx.o

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Oct 30 23:08:10 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:34:43PM +0800, William Kwek wrote:

> I have tried to install the module hostap_plx.o in my linux box but it causes the kernel freeze, anybody can help me?

Could someone else with an easy access to PLX9052 verify whether the
current hostap_plx driver works in at least one setup? My PLX card is on
another continent and I will probably not be testing this myself before
Christmas..

> Here is my linux box info:
>
> Kernel version: 2.4.21

Is this on x86 box? Did you use the same compiler version to compile
both the kernel and the Host AP driver? Which gcc version?

Did you receive any error message when the kernel froze? You included
insmod -m output, so at least the box was alive for long enough to print
those out. Did you test this from text console with full kernel log
debugging ('dmesg -n 8') enabled?